A Couple Observations and a Couple Suggestions

Tyrue

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Messages
27
Observations:

Demo/Pyro: There is a chance that you can hit someone with your sword and they won't be lit on fire. Similarly, this goes with pyro's bow. (I'm unaware if the same applies to venom as I have not tested it).

Knockback inconsistencies: I can't really explain this one without giving an example first. Yesterday I was in a game against Martoph. he was marine in the water on the damp fortresses map. Three of us were hitting him at the same time and he ended up getting knocked up about 5 blocks onto a ledge.
This is what I believe causes it: In normal Minecraft, if you take damage there is a split second where you flash red and are invulnerable during that time. While technically Martoph was still invulnerable during this example, he was still taking the knockback as if 3 people were hitting him at the same time.

Knockback inconsistency 2: I don't have proof of this one but I can explain it. It might be a 1.15 thing, but the knockback you take when hit with a sword feels much different than when hit by a fist. There are numerous times I've gone ghost and went to a spot to try and knock people into the void. In old RWF I would just use my fist so I could knock them off without being seen. But that doesn't work in this, when you hit someone with a fist it seems like they barely get knocked back a block. Obviously this is a pretty big deal for ghosts because hitting someone with a sword shows people where you are.

Suggestions:

Shortbow/Pyro: This one might be a bit controversial but I think both these kits need a slight nerf. Not that I think they are overpowered, but because they are extremely overplayed. Almost every single game, the majority of the players play one of these kits. Since these kits counter other kits, there's almost no point to play the other kits.
This game is fun because of the differences between the kits, it causes every game to be played out differently. But when the same two kits are the majority of the kits played, the gameplay becomes repetitive and stale.
Pyro: I suggest nerfing the armor and taking off the blast protection.
Shortbow: I can't think of a good nerf for shortbow. Making it power 1 would make it too weak, it already has a wood sword, and you can't change the armor because then it wouldn't be as similar as longbow.

Map Rotation: Yesterday I kid you not, the map Zenith was played every other game for about 2 hours straight. Originally I liked this map, but playing it over and over kind of ruined that. So, I suggest map voting. Map voting would work by allowing people to vote from a pool of 3 maps. Each map would have a % chance to be selected depending on the number of votes it has. Basically, if 1 map has 5 votes, 1 map has 3 votes, and 1 map as 2 votes. The map with 5 votes would have a 50% chance of being selected. The map with 3 would have a 30% chance, and the map with 2 would have a 20% chance. This way the maps will hopefully have a better rotation.

Defuse challenges: Defusing happens less often than arming. I propose the defuse challenges be changed: take away the defuse 2 bombs in 1 match challenge because it doesn't work the way it's supposed to. Lower the defuse 5 bombs to 3 to make it more reasonable.

Changelog/updates: It seems like every day or maybe even multiple times a day the server gets updated with buffs and nerfs. Personally I like to read what all the updates are for whichever game I'm playing at the time. So, I think a changelog to show what has been changed would be nice.

Athios Discord/server advertisement: I'm pretty sure these are both in the works. But an Athios discord would be nice to make announcements easier for everyone etc.
Also, voting for the server so that we can get on the Minecraft server list and start to build up the playerbase.

-Tyrue
 

Cutbone

Active member
Joined
May 30, 2020
Messages
42
Observations:

Demo/Pyro: There is a chance that you can hit someone with your sword and they won't be lit on fire. Similarly, this goes with pyro's bow. (I'm unaware if the same applies to venom as I have not tested it).

Knockback inconsistencies: I can't really explain this one without giving an example first. Yesterday I was in a game against Martoph. he was marine in the water on the damp fortresses map. Three of us were hitting him at the same time and he ended up getting knocked up about 5 blocks onto a ledge.
This is what I believe causes it: In normal Minecraft, if you take damage there is a split second where you flash red and are invulnerable during that time. While technically Martoph was still invulnerable during this example, he was still taking the knockback as if 3 people were hitting him at the same time.

Knockback inconsistency 2: I don't have proof of this one but I can explain it. It might be a 1.15 thing, but the knockback you take when hit with a sword feels much different than when hit by a fist. There are numerous times I've gone ghost and went to a spot to try and knock people into the void. In old RWF I would just use my fist so I could knock them off without being seen. But that doesn't work in this, when you hit someone with a fist it seems like they barely get knocked back a block. Obviously this is a pretty big deal for ghosts because hitting someone with a sword shows people where you are.

Suggestions:

Shortbow/Pyro: This one might be a bit controversial but I think both these kits need a slight nerf. Not that I think they are overpowered, but because they are extremely overplayed. Almost every single game, the majority of the players play one of these kits. Since these kits counter other kits, there's almost no point to play the other kits.
This game is fun because of the differences between the kits, it causes every game to be played out differently. But when the same two kits are the majority of the kits played, the gameplay becomes repetitive and stale.
Pyro: I suggest nerfing the armor and taking off the blast protection.
Shortbow: I can't think of a good nerf for shortbow. Making it power 1 would make it too weak, it already has a wood sword, and you can't change the armor because then it wouldn't be as similar as longbow.

Map Rotation: Yesterday I kid you not, the map Zenith was played every other game for about 2 hours straight. Originally I liked this map, but playing it over and over kind of ruined that. So, I suggest map voting. Map voting would work by allowing people to vote from a pool of 3 maps. Each map would have a % chance to be selected depending on the number of votes it has. Basically, if 1 map has 5 votes, 1 map has 3 votes, and 1 map as 2 votes. The map with 5 votes would have a 50% chance of being selected. The map with 3 would have a 30% chance, and the map with 2 would have a 20% chance. This way the maps will hopefully have a better rotation.

Defuse challenges: Defusing happens less often than arming. I propose the defuse challenges be changed: take away the defuse 2 bombs in 1 match challenge because it doesn't work the way it's supposed to. Lower the defuse 5 bombs to 3 to make it more reasonable.

Changelog/updates: It seems like every day or maybe even multiple times a day the server gets updated with buffs and nerfs. Personally I like to read what all the updates are for whichever game I'm playing at the time. So, I think a changelog to show what has been changed would be nice.

Athios Discord/server advertisement: I'm pretty sure these are both in the works. But an Athios discord would be nice to make announcements easier for everyone etc.
Also, voting for the server so that we can get on the Minecraft server list and start to build up the playerbase.

-Tyrue
100% agree with your point about pyro, going to make a formal thread about that later.
 

Martoph

Owner
Administrator
Joined
May 14, 2020
Messages
14
Changelog/updates: It seems like every day or maybe even multiple times a day the server gets updated with buffs and nerfs. Personally I like to read what all the updates are for whichever game I'm playing at the time. So, I think a changelog to show what has been changed would be nice.
Apologies for the sudden changes and rapid fire of nerfs/buffs/updates.

These are mainly to fix the biggest problems in balancing I've noticed, and I don't release a changelog every time they happen due to the fact they happen so often.

However, with that being said, after this week I will not be pushing out updates nearly as rapidly and when they do come they will be matched with a changelog. Hope that clears up that point a bit.
 

Log in

Join our Discord!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
483
Messages
2,512
Members
239
Latest member
ibrahim55mlt