Achievement Suggestions

Onett

I think the achievement system was a cool addition to SnD, but as of now I think it could definitely use some improvements. As I see it, the current system fails in a few ways:

1.) I don't know when I complete an achievement without searching through the achievement menu
2.) Achievements aren't that rewarding (not a huge issue)
3.) Even if I do want the points the process is tedious and there's no easy way to tell how fast I am progressing

Hopefully my suggestions will fix these issues

Below is a model of what the new achievement GUI would look like with my new suggestions
1591906289558.png

1.) Chat notification when any achievement is completed (Toggle with the sign)

This one is self-explanatory, whenever you complete an achievement, a chat notification will appear. This will not make a message when scrolling achievements are completed, since those would occur too often. The chat message would not allow you to click on it to open the achievement GUI to claim your points, since that'd be annoying in-game. It would just tell you the achievement name and say that you completed it.

This feature will be on by default

2.) Ability to see achievements you've completed easier (Access with Chest)

Compounded with the previous suggestion, I think both features will help improve the achievement system a lot. By clicking the chest, a list of all achievements that you have completed and have redeemable points will appear. They will be represented by their item icon, and will be named with the category they are from and the specific achievement that the player has completed.

1591906522904.png

For example, if you clicked on the chest and you see above, that means you have completed a shortbow/longbow and ghost achievement and are yet to redeem the points. If you hovered over the ghast tear, it would read:

Ghost
Kill 5 players without taking damage 5/5
Completed

And clicking on the ghast tear would take you to the ghost achievement page, where you can then easily redeem your points.

3.) Ability to track achievements (Toggle with Eye of Ender)

Right now if you decide you want to max out a kit's tiered achievement, you have to check in the lobby after every game which is tedious. With this feature, you can more easily see your progress. Note that this feature will only track the kit you are playing as and would only display at the end of the game. It will track ALL kit achievements for the kit not just the tiered achievement. It will not track general or miscellaneous achievements.

For example: if you are new to the game and shoot and kill someone with shortbow something like this chat message would display at the end of the game:

Shortbow Tiered Progress: 1/25 Shoot and Kill Players

This can be turned on and off by clicking the Eye of Ender in the achievement GUI and will be toggled on by default

4.) Better Rewards for Achievements

Points are cool but I think completing achievements could be more rewarding. More specifically tiered achievements. I suggest we implement kit-specific cosmetics for people who have received 100% completion for a kit's tiered achievement. If 100% completion is too much, we can add 1 cosmetic when the 4th tier of a tiered achievement is reached and another that can be used when the 5th tier is reached.

Cosmetics would have to differ from kit to kit in order to minimize its impact on gameplay. Here are some examples of cosmetics that I've thought of:
  1. Aura or particle effect that only appears briefly when the game starts (not when you pick your kit)
  2. Brief aura or particle effect whenever you get a kill (not for invis kits of course)
  3. Particle effect where enemy dies after you kill them

Pandu

there could be like a prestige system like mega walls minus the extra hearts obviously. Like it could give you a golden star next to your name when you're playing a kit you've prestiged

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo