Disaster disasters

MinerBat

as i tell in this thread: https://athiosmc.com/threads/space-center-map.434/
i have made a very similar gamemode 3 times using redstone and command blocks. so here are all the disasters from those 3 minigames. there is a good change that at least some of these you already have, but i didn't look at the disaster list because i don't want spoilers. the only one i didn't include is the flood because i know that is in there because the map submission asked for a flood starting level. all these are play tested by me at least a few times.

name: serial killer
hint: don't get killed!
description: one player (or two) becomes a serial killer and his job is to kill all other players

name: gravity shift
hint: you fall up
description: everyone gets levitation and if they fall into space they die

name: hunger games
hint: may the odds be ever in your favor
description: everyone get a iron sword and people have to kill each other

name: sandstorm
hint: beware! the sand is hot!
description: sand falls from the sky. if you get hit or if you stand on it, you take damage. you can survive by being inside, or standing on a block like a slab or torch

name: the floor is lava
hint: don't touch the floor!
description: this may not work very well in a map with varieing ground levels, but the ground level turns into lava, so you have to stand in a buildig or something (but those could catch on fire)

name: anvil rain
hint: don't get hit! those things are heavy...
description: anvils fall from the sky! they kill you if they hit you! maybe they could even break blocks, but my version didn't include that

name: hot feet
hint: keep moving!
description: fire spawns on blocks a second after you walk on them. you have to keep moving, but the building you're in will get destroyed

name: lava rain
hint: seek shelter
description: lava is spawned at the highest blocks and it falls down (inspired by these weird youtube video's i liked to watch as a kid:
)

name: TNT run
hint: don't fall!
description: blocks disappear when you walk over them, like TNT run

name: meteor rain
hint: BOOOOM!!!
description: fireballs fall from the sky at random locations and they explode when they impact

name: vulcano
hint: it's just a vulcano
description: every block gets covered in a magma block and fireballs fall from the sky, their explosions are not as powerful as meteors, but there are more of them

name: invasion
hint: don't get eaten
description: a bunch of the classic minecraft mobs spawn (creeper, skeleton, spider)

name: tornado
hint: hide from the wind
description: a few tornado's spawn and they destroy blocks and if you get close you get very high levitation for a short time and take fall damage. my version didn't move but they could if you want to

name: dark mist
hint: you can't see anything
description: you get blindness (the so called "dark mist") and a lot of debufs like slowness andweakness. not very deadly on it's own but it gives a big disadvantage when other disasters are involved

name: lightning storm
hint: take cover
description: lightning spawns at random locations and destroys blocks and sets them on fire

name: rainstorm (on steroids)
hint: go inside
description: like the lava rain, but with water. it seems similar to flood but it isn't. because with flood you just have to be on a high place but can be outside, while with this you have to be inside, but you can also be low.

name: tsunami
hint: go to a high place!
description: somewhat similar to flood, but not really. flood slowly rises, but the tsunami just spawns after a few minutes in and suddenly floods the map in a big wave in a few seconds

name: bombardement
hint: MORE BOOOMS!!!
description: TNT falls from the sky. do i need to say more?

name: zombie apocalipse
hint: braaaaains...
description: zombies spawn. and a lot of them.

those are all from my games. here are a few more i just made up.

name: coronavirus
hint: do social distancing
description: you have to stay away from other players or you die

name: mega phantom
hint: oh no...
description: a giant phantom spawns. he can destroy blocks and tries to eat you

name: killer eggs
hint: you will be an omelet!
description: this but they break blocks and get angrier over time:

name: void attack
hint: go high. really high
description: the void starts to get higher. it deletes the block at the bottom of the map. then the ones after that. etc. so only the tops of buildings remain

Last edited:

MinerBat

those are a lot of disasters. some will probably be already in there but i hope i gave at least some good idea's

Woaxa

Staff Member
Administrator
If you visit the "Introducing: Disasters!" thread and open the spoiler there's a list of the disasters currently in the game, with of course more coming in the future that could be taken from the disaster suggestions :)

MinerBat

If you visit the "Introducing: Disasters!" thread and open the spoiler there's a list of the disasters currently in the game, with of course more coming in the future that could be taken from the disaster suggestions :)
i know. but i explain in the top of this post that i didn't look at the disaster list because i don't want spoilers. i want to be surprised by what is going to kill me

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo