Discord To MC (& Vice-Versa) Suggestion

Krojous

Hello. A suggestion for a new Discord channel/server feature to be added via a plugin called DiscordSRV. Usually survival servers have this plugin, although I believe it wouldn't hurt for Athios to try and implement it in some way. Essentially it will hook up Minecraft chat to a Discord channel. So, for example, if this plugin is hooked to the lobby then there could be a #lobby-chat channel and in there would be logs in real-time of all the messages sent through lobby, as well as leaves and joins. Not only that, but you can also send a message from the Discord channel to in-game! Seamless conversations done via Discord & Minecraft, pretty awesome if you ask me. The plugin supports a ton of customization regarding formatting for the Discord messages and in-game etc. It could even be used to see how many are online as at the top of the channel it shows how many are online (updated every minute or so.) I've used this plugin before on servers I've owned in the past and players love the convenience, so that is mainly why I am suggesting it for here. I'm not sure how the SnD lobbies work but if they are based on one/two servers then that could even be hooked up to the plugin, although lobby seems to be the best option just from what I can see. If you have any questions about this, feel free to let me know.

Cobra_Command

Staff Member
Administrator
I can see why DiscordSRV works on survival servers but if we had 60 people in game, I don’t think it would be an good idea.

Take a few days ago when Blaine was on, the chat was constant.

Hippydew

I agree with what Cobra said above when it comes to the actual SnD lobbies. I honestly do see this though perhaps working for the lobby. I also think that the staff could use it to monitor chat without having to be on. I really like the idea though, I'd enjoy it personally.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo