Rejected Forrest Trespassers

BigYellowDuck

Map name: Forrest Trespassers
Authors: BigYellowDuck, amnesia_01, adam__walker (do not know if the last two are on the server, since this is a remake of an older map)
Map Description: Two clans from contrasting backgrounds, nature and urban, clash in a forest clearing
Pictures: Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3vr8lewhouq57i/world1.zip?dl=0
Please use the command block given to teleport to the map with void around it.

NightWolfy

Hey BigYellowDuck! First and foremost, I want to thank you for the map submission! I always love when people attempt to take something old and remake it into something newer and better, while still holding onto the original theme and concept of the original. Unfortunately, however, we are going to be rejecting this map. Down below I will list some of the reasons why the staff team came to the decision we did. We hope that this feedback will be taken constructively, and that our feedback will help you with any future maps you may decide to make!

General Layout: The layout and size of this map is very similar to Wet Britches, another one of the maps on the server. Unlike Wet Britches however, there is a lack of safety from the void, and we believe due to the size of this map that would be a prominent issue.

Bases: The bases of the two teams are asymmetrical, which isn’t a bad thing on its own! However, it is very important that when you do have asymmetrical bases, that they are properly balanced so that one team does not have a direct advantage over the other. The house base is much easier to defend than the cave base, since the players defending the cave base can be attacked from all directions—including from above due to the hole, and it is all in one room whereas the house is two distinct levels.

Aesthetic Suggestions: When it comes to general aesthetics, we have a few suggestions to give in regards to this map
  1. Make a few custom tree variants. Custom trees are essential for a map that is going to have a natural theme, and it is generally suggested to stray away from default Minecraft trees as much as possible.
  2. We believe you gave a great attention to detail, most notably inside of the house base (I love the interior of the first floor!), but we would really like to see this same attention of detail given consistently around the map. The walls that are by the house base could use a little bit more depth and detail, for example.
  3. Natural terraforming. In particular for the cave base, it is a bit odd that the surrounding area is completely flat but then the hill juts out of the ground. Natural terraforming is something that comes with a lot of practice, and it helps make the map feel more realistic while also making the map more aesthetically pleasing!

Once again, we would like to thank you for your map submission! We appreciate all the effort you and your friends put into it, and hope that you will continue to make maps for the Athios community if you so choose!

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo