Kit Kit Spirit

Onett

Icon: Heart of the Sea
Armor: Gold Helmet, Iron Chestplate (Prot 1), Gold Legs, Gold Boots
Items: Fuse, Iron Sword, 2 "Spirits" (Heart of the Sea)

Desc:
A support kit that can summon spirits to watch over its team. They provide regeneration as they watch over you, and give you a burst of healing and speed once they depart!

Spirits:
Spirits are consumable, and can be used on allies as well as the kit user. If you right click and an ally is not within reach, the spirit will be applied to you. They can also be used on allies, by right clicking a teammate. Using a spirit will remove one from your inventory.

When you use your spirit on yourself or another player, a chat message will appear to the person receiving the buff:

"You cast a Spirit to guard you"

"Spirit User has cast a spirit to guard you"

Once consumed, the spirit will last on an ally for 15 seconds. The spirit will appear as a shulker bullet hovering over the target's shoulder. During this period, the user will have Regeneration 2. However, if the player with the spirit receives 5 hearts of damage while having the spirit, this duration will be cut short. When you are approaching the 5 heart limit for the regeneration or your regeneration duration is ending, a sound effect will make a beeping noise (similar to that of trigger when it's meter is almost full/empty).

Once the 15 seconds is up (or player takes 5 hearts or more of damage), a team-colored firework particle effect appears, and the buffed player will gain a burst heal of 3 hearts and Speed 2 for 5 seconds.

The following message appears once the regeneration duration ends and you receive the burst heal and the speed:

"Your Spirit leaves you a gift as it departs"

Spirits have a 20 second cooldown. You cannot apply spirits to someone if they already have one, or have the buffs from spirits (regen and speed)

Purpose:
Currently, there are no healer kits other than medic, and I believe this kit idea could be another viable healer that provides an interesting and unique playstyle. Compared to medic, this kit has weaker heals overall, but it can be much more aggressive, and can buff allies from afar without having to put itself in danger.

For example, if your explosive wants to charge in and throw grenades into the enemy base, kit spirit enables it to do that with no penalty to itself. Medic wouldn't be able to help without putting its own life at risk. Its also better for healing hit and run and flanking kits.

With its design I believe I also avoided the issue of team's becoming too stacked if a certain team has a spirit and a medic, since spirit is much more focused on target healing. If you want more heals you might as well just have more medics, spirit fulfills a different type of role.

• The Regeneration buff grants you a total of 6 hearts of healing if it is full duration
  • To counteract Burst + Spirit combos, all sources of damage (including burst self-harm) are accounted for
  • Burst and Jugg only receive Regeneration 1 and will only receive 1.5 hearts worth of burst heal at the end of the duration
  • Poisoned allies cannot be spirited
  • The heal burst at the end of duration can save you from fatal damage
    • Let's say you are a trooper on half a heart. You have a spirit on you and already have taken 3 hearts of damage. If a shortbow shoots you and you take 2 hearts of damage, you would receive the burst heal, which would save your life. However, you would still take damage: .5 (current HP) - 2 (arrow damage) + 3 (spirit heal) = 1.5 (New HP)
  • Suicides (trigger) and insta-kills (crate dropping) will still kill you even if you have a spirit on you.
  • Invis kits will not have the shulker bullet visible to the enemy team, however, the firework particle effect will still appear

Implementing another healer kit is tough and I'm not completely sure if this kit is well balanced, so if you guys have any suggestions please discuss them below, they are very much appreciated.

Last edited:

jojosue

I don't think the player should also get a speed boost on top of a heal burst. I believe the kit might be too powerful on certain pairings like with berserk or trooper. Maybe just have the regen II for 15 sec? I do like the idea of giving someone some healing boost and letting them do their thing independently though. Nice idea.

Onett

I don't think the player should also get a speed boost on top of a heal burst. I believe the kit might be too powerful on certain pairings like with berserk or trooper. Maybe just have the regen II for 15 sec? I do like the idea of giving someone some healing boost and letting them do their thing independently though. Nice idea.
Glad you liked the idea :)

Personally, I disagree with your comment on speed tho

Its just 5 seconds of speed 2, and that short duration forces the person with the buff to choose between running away or chasing. Also speed 2 isn't that much faster than just regular sprinting and jumping. I think it could also lead to some cool strats with less mobile kits like dwarf or trigger.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo