Rejected Labirynth by RickHardDope

rickharddopes

Attachments

Bigdoggie1

So some suggestions from me, I'm certainly not a builder but I know some techniques. A Big takeaway from this I believe is you need to make it less "flat". Adding shrubbery and greenery in the labyrinth is important. I also think you should have block variants at the base instead of a stone floor, along with some 3D block textures to make it less flat. I also see the two bridges to be a flaw. Its either a labyrinth or bridges, as there would be too many entryways for players for all three.

So, in sum:

Work on Shrubbery/Greenery
Add 3D/extra blocks to stone
More block variants
Freebie: Try to age the castles, make them look worn by doing cracked/mossy bricks

Have fun!
-Big

Woaxa

Staff Member
Administrator
A big improvement from your last map, but it's still far from being anything to get into testing. Overall the map is very plain, lots of flat areas that are the same color, thematically the map doesn't really make much sense.

For gameplay, the side paths are useless. No one will take those over the maze. Onto the maze I don't believe it has a place in snd, no one wants to spend time escaping a maze. Same thing with the bomb tunnels, the arrow dispensers don't make gameplay better. The bases are also super cramped, would be prone to landmine/arrow spam and barricaders, generally not fun to fight in small spaces as well. Ladders leading into the bomb is also not a great idea, if the bomb is on another elevation use stairs and widen it up a bit.

A lot of the map doesn't really serve a point, the towers next to the bomb building wouldn't get used, or any of the dead space that just ends up being an eyesore. A lot of what bigdoggie said makes sense. Also having a more unique layout for the map is a good idea. Base 1 to Base 2 with 3 rectangles doesn't help it stand out at all.

Okay a lot of negative out of the way, on the positive side this is a massive improvement from your last map. I'm sure with a bit more practice you'll hit the nail on the head, goodluck with any future improvements or maps you make :)

NightWolfy

Hey Rick!

Thank you for your map submission! However, as others have previously stated, there are some issues with the map. Unfortunately, we will not be accepting this map, however, we encourage you to continue practicing and improving your building skills! Additionally, we recommend you take a look at the map submission guidelines as well as maps currently in the game for tips and inspiration.

Thank you again for your submission, and best of luck to you!

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo