Rejected Overgrown Path

NotReallySure

Map: 'Overgrown Path'
Authors: NotReallySure
Map Description: (???)
OLD PICTURES: NEW PICTURES: OLD Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/k4fxomvwclyjmhx/path+map.rar/file
NEW Download link: WIP

Details/Notes:
*The map is about 70 block wide to 100 blocks long (15-20 seconds running to the other bomb), with a focus on keeping the area open and fairly easy to get back to the bomb.
*The map has an offensive focus, making it difficult to camp, but the bombs should be somewhat defensible.
*There is a river alongside one side of the map, accompanied by a hill/mountain full of trees. This provides cover from arrows, and an alternative path to the bomb. There is also a tunnel route inside the hill.
*A small tower in the center of the map with trapdoors as windows, proving useful to archer kits.
*A relatively symmetrical field.
*Trees common throughout the map to provide cover from the enemy.
*Dark oak trees at each bomb can be climbed in order to protect the bomb.

I appreciate any feedback, if you guys like the idea of this map so far I'll go back and make a few edits to fix the issues I've mentioned above. Thanks!

I will post an updated map as soon as possible, once I've addressed all the issues.

Last edited:

tababysuper

Some custom trees would go a long way visually. The vanilla minecraft trees are very square and don’t look great imo.

Tyrue

It reminds me of an OG Halo map.

Just looking at the pictures, it looks like the gameplay on this map would be pretty boring and standard. It's pretty flat and open and would probably play similar to valley of death and other flat maps.

Anak

The bombs could use a lot more sheltering. Rival Castles has a similar layout to your map, but in that map there's more defensive architecture surrounding the bombs (so the map size is larger too). I feel like games on this map would be very quick and uneventful.

Dave_X

Staff Member
Administrator
Hey NotReallySure,

Thanks for the submission, unfortunately we won’t be accepting this map. The majority of this map is very small and straightforward, without many interesting gameplay elements. The alternate cave route is cramped, making it less ideal for pushing forward. Your latest updates with trees and hills are a definite improvement aesthetically, but without a download link I can’t comment much more on it.

If you continue working on this map, I’d encourage you to increase the size and use that added space for more routes/obstacles. I also suggest making the map perfectly symmetrical (since it’s so close already), which also means you only have to design half a map ;)

Thanks for the submission!

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo