Player Counter

bvyans

Simple suggestion - have a widget that lets you see the amount of players on the server without having to have Minecraft open.
Not everyone has their Minecraft client open 24/7, and being able to see the number of players on the server without having to open Minecraft - whether it be through Discord or the forums itself - makes it easier to see when the server is popping and know to get on. (Could use something like a Discord Bot / some widget on the side of the forums)

Setery

I like having the player count as the bot's name personally. It's easier than asking the bot every time.

bvyans

I like having the player count as the bot's name personally. It's easier than asking the bot every time.
Maybe not as the bot's name since that could be messy, but maybe something like giving it a status like "Watching [x] amount of players on Athios."
Alternatively - could even give the bot its own channel in which it updates whoever's online without having to be prompted from a user.

Setery

Maybe not as the bot's name since that could be messy, but maybe something like giving it a status like "Watching [x] amount of players on Athios."
Alternatively - could even give the bot its own channel in which it updates whoever's online without having to be prompted from a user.
oh yeah I've seen that method before, it's cleaner too

Anak

Preferably on the forums since this is the official Athios website people are directed to and I imagine not everyone will be on Discord

Setery

Preferably on the forums since this is the official Athios website people are directed to and I imagine not everyone will be on Discord
Honestly people are more active in discord than on the forums. Also why not both?

sadokist

I think both is good but for most people, discord is definitely more active than the forums. Maybe for old RWF it would have been better to just have it on the forums because discord wasn't as popular (days of skype), but I feel these forums are just for formal suggestions, submissions, and miscellaneous posts.

Setery

I think both is good but for most people, discord is definitely more active than the forums. Maybe for old RWF it would have been better to just have it on the forums because discord wasn't as popular (days of skype), but I feel these forums are just for formal suggestions, submissions, and miscellaneous posts.
I mean to be fair, Discord didn't exist until after the end of RWF 1 (May 2015), and Discord was almost exactly a year old when RWF 2 began. During that time I personally dropped Skype for Teamspeak. I think I picked it up around early 2017.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo