Kit Pumpkin

GlitchManMax

Editor's Note: Forums just seemed really dead, and I love Halloween and this is a pretty Halloweeny kit in my mind. I do understand it overlaps with Paladin, I thought of it a bit before Paladin was released. Yes, it's complicated.

Kit Name: Pumpkin
Icon: Jack-O-Lantern
Armor: Pumpkin headgear, coded as leather armor, orange leather chestplate, orange leather leggings, and orange leather boots.
Starting Gear: Fuse, Stone Sword, Bow (Infinity), Arrow, Orange Dye (called Treats), Black Dye (called Tricks)

Gear Acquired Through Play:
Tricks: Arrow of slowness (Starting pool) Arrow of poison (20+) Arrow of harming (30+) Arrow of Blindness - more on later (50, guaranteed pick)
Treats: Lingering potion of fire resistance that gives 20 seconds each use (Starting pool) Lingering potion of swiftness that gives 15 seconds each use (20+) Lingering potion of strength that gives 7 seconds each use (30+) Lingering potion of healing 2 hearts per heal, 5 heals (50, guaranteed pick)

Description: A support kit that overcomes its poor vision to unleash powerful tricks and treats!

Details: Pumpkin's gameplay is based around acquiring its tricks and treats, which it gets by hitting opponents while wearing the pumpkin hat, since it takes more work with the poor vision. The following actions would gain points, as long as the player was wearing the pumpkin:

• Hitting an enemy with a sword: 2 points
  • HItting an enemy less than 20 blocks away with a bow: 3 points
  • Hitting an enemy 20-50 blocks away: 4 points
  • Hitting an enemy 50+ blocks away: 6 points
  • Enemy hit is a ghost or wraith: +2 points
    • The kit's weak armor means that ghosts will naturally prey upon it, but if the ghost loses out all they did was give the Pumpkin player a significant buff to its point count.
If the player takes the pumpkin head off, they can no longer gain points, but they can still turn in points for tricks and treats and use the tricks and treats in combat. Both the Treats item and the Tricks item would stack up to 50 to indicate how many points were available, or the XP bar could have levels to show. Points can not go higher than 50 to prevent massive hoarding of power.

To acquire Tricks and Treats, the player playing Pumpkin would right-click once they have more than 5 points on the type of item they want to acquire. This would give an item in their inventory and reduce the points pool by a certain amount. Specifics are here:

• Slowness, Poison, Fire Resistance, Swiftness: 5 points
  • Harming, Strength: 10 points
  • Blindness, Healing: 20 points
As hinted at above, it would take a certain number of points to get a chance at items, and then there would be a 50% chance of the highest item being picked, then 50% divided between the other options. Healing and Blindness, being expensive and hard to reach, would be guaranteed if the player gets to 50 points.

The arrow of blindness is based on the song that inspired me to make Pumpkin. A player hit once by the blindness arrow would receive the message "The Pumpkin Man has taken one of your eyes..." and be blinded for 20 seconds. If the same player was later hit by the blindness arrow, regardless of whether or not the first effect is still active, they would receive the message "The Pumpkin Man has taken both of your eyes!" and be blinded for 1 minute.

Happy Halloween! (soon)
🎃 🎃 🎃

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo