Server Ideas For Athios

Elitemaster5

I was brainstorming some server ideas that I think can help Athios grow. I'd love to hear some feedback so please let me know what you think.

Server Idea #1 - Player Referral System

How do you guys like the idea of adding a player referral system incentivized by a free month of VIP. Ideally we would come up with a way to have players name a player that they referred to the server (/refer [xmaymayx]), then that new player [xmaymayx] can confirm it (/refer confirm). Once a player has successfully referred 5 people they can redeem their free month of VIP. For this to work, there needs to be a way to restrict people from referring the same person, meaning someone can only be referred once. Also, if you refer 10 people, your free VIP stacks up. I think with some work this could increase player counts, community interaction, and will be a fun way for people to earn VIP for free. We could advertise this feature on Instagram, twitter, tiktok, and the discord. This will hopefully encourage people to advertise the server to their friends, growing the server exponentially overtime.

Server Idea #2 - Better VIP Features

I think we need to make the VIP rank more enticing. Right now, the cosmetics and dead body feature are not attractive enough for someone want to spend money on the server.
Possible features:
1) I think VIP should get it's own exclusive kit in SnD, maybe a new kit... or Kit Ghost. (might be controversial/but it could also help balance the impact of the kit without nerfing it to the ground/would also increase appeal of VIP).
2) VIPs should get a credit boost in both Disasters and SnD (+2 credits, nothing crazy). 3) VIP rank can vote for maps in SnD (not Disasters).
4) VIPs can vote on a single disaster in Disasters. Show them like 3 options and they vote for 1 disaster. The winning disaster becomes one of the 3 disasters for that game.

Final Thoughts

Both of these server ideas will increase community interaction, server funds for paid promotions, and help boost the player count. I think if implemented together, both ideas could really help each other.. That free month of VIP from recruiting players will give people a taste of the awesome features of the VIP rank, then they will either recruit more player for another free month or start buying VIP for themselves. With help from the community, I feel like we could fix up these ideas and form something solid for Athios to implement on the server.

Espios

1) I agree, this could be a really cool way to incentivize more people joining and building a stronger community. I would also look into adding a bonus for retaining players too. So if a player you invite to the server ends up playing x amount of hours or comes back x amount of times in the week, you get a bonus in credits (say, 50).

2) I agree, but I'm not up to date on the lore of the EULA crisis of limiting PTW aspects of servers on Minecraft, so that may or may not be problematic. This is true for 1 and 2 in this section. I also think that map voting should come back for everyone, except instead of 3 maps to choose from like RWF, make it 5. Our map pool is pretty large right now. I think we could also make it into a system where after a 6 month period, we can look to see how many votes have been cast for a particular map and how popular it is. This would be useful in determining what maps should be given the boot if we think it's necessary.

Onett

I was brainstorming some server ideas that I think can help Athios grow. I'd love to hear some feedback so please let me know what you think.

Server Idea #1 - Player Referral System

How do you guys like the idea of adding a player referral system incentivized by a free month of VIP. Ideally we would come up with a way to have players name a player that they referred to the server (/refer [xmaymayx]), then that new player [xmaymayx] can confirm it (/refer confirm). Once a player has successfully referred 5 people they can redeem their free month of VIP. For this to work, there needs to be a way to restrict people from referring the same person, meaning someone can only be referred once. Also, if you refer 10 people, your free VIP stacks up. I think with some work this could increase player counts, community interaction, and will be a fun way for people to earn VIP for free. We could advertise this feature on Instagram, twitter, tiktok, and the discord. This will hopefully encourage people to advertise the server to their friends, growing the server exponentially overtime.

Server Idea #2 - Better VIP Features

I think we need to make the VIP rank more enticing. Right now, the cosmetics and dead body feature are not attractive enough for someone want to spend money on the server.
Possible features:
1) I think VIP should get it's own exclusive kit in SnD, maybe a new kit... or Kit Ghost. (might be controversial/but it could also help balance the impact of the kit without nerfing it to the ground/would also increase appeal of VIP).
2) VIPs should get a credit boost in both Disasters and SnD (+2 credits, nothing crazy). 3) VIP rank can vote for maps in SnD (not Disasters).
4) VIPs can vote on a single disaster in Disasters. Show them like 3 options and they vote for 1 disaster. The winning disaster becomes one of the 3 disasters for that game.

Final Thoughts

Both of these server ideas will increase community interaction, server funds for paid promotions, and help boost the player count. I think if implemented together, both ideas could really help each other.. That free month of VIP from recruiting players will give people a taste of the awesome features of the VIP rank, then they will either recruit more player for another free month or start buying VIP for themselves. With help from the community, I feel like we could fix up these ideas and form something solid for Athios to implement on the server.

I agree 100% with referral system. imo 5 people might be a bit much to ask from the average person so I'd say maybe refer like 3 people for a month instead. You could also have a system set in place to make sure you can't refer yourself to alts

As for VIP, I think just extra creds would be good, and I don't think theres an issue with it since the server recently added boosters

Gilburrito

How do you guys like the idea of adding a player referral system incentivized by a free month of VIP. Ideally we would come up with a way to have players name a player that they referred to the server
Good incentive and it'll give people a taste of VIP, pretty good

VIP kits is illegal afaik, I like map voting tho and it wouldn't count as an advantage in any way

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo