Some spitball features pertaining to 1.17 stuffs

Mythless

So with 1.17 out, I thought it would be cool to spitball a few tiny ideas that pertain to the new content. I just came up with these on the top of my head so don’t take em too seriously.

- Axolotls as an alternate skin for supply crate wolves! Who wouldn’t want that :>

- Change Spy’s kit icon from skeleton skull to Spyglass? Just an aesthetic thing I think would make more sense.

These last two are kinda hot takes:

Frost’s Freeze Attack
  • Freeze attack should give enemies the freeze status (the effect for when you’re in Powdered Snow). Whether or not the enemy also takes freeze damage is up for debate. Personally I think I’m for the freeze damage—it would give the kit a new source of damage without being over-the-top.

Killing a player with crate supplies:
  • If a player who possessed supply crate items dies, they’ll drop a bundle that will last for about 10 seconds. Any player who picks up the bundle first can use the items stored inside of it. The player who opens the bundle will either get 1 Steak, 1 Enderpearl, or 1 of each upon opening it. The chances of getting such items depends on if the supply crate holder had at least 1 of these items in their inventory before dying (ex: You’ll only get the Steak if the the previous holder does not possess any enderpearls, and vice-versa).
  • This bundle drop mechanic should only works on players that have met the killstreak criteria for supply crate drops (4+ kills).

pigpig24

I co-sign everything except the crate bundle because I figure that would only serve to make the strong stronger.

I look forward to even crazier Myth maps now that the first half of 1.17 has dropped!

Onett

imo frost is already good enough so adding freeze damage seems kinda unnecessary

the bundle seems ok to me but also kinda unnnecessary to add. ok wait actually if i get a crate and suicide i can give a kit trigger on my team an enderpearl. i fully support adding this in now

Tyrue

So with 1.17 out, I thought it would be cool to spitball a few tiny ideas that pertain to the new content. I just came up with these on the top of my head so don’t take em too seriously.

- Axolotls as an alternate skin for supply crate wolves! Who wouldn’t want that :>

- Change Spy’s kit icon from skeleton skull to Spyglass? Just an aesthetic thing I think would make more sense.

These last two are kinda hot takes:

Frost’s Freeze Attack
  • Freeze attack should give enemies the freeze status (the effect for when you’re in Powdered Snow). Whether or not the enemy also takes freeze damage is up for debate. Personally I think I’m for the freeze damage—it would give the kit a new source of damage without being over-the-top.

Killing a player with crate supplies:
  • If a player who possessed supply crate items dies, they’ll drop a bundle that will last for about 10 seconds. Any player who picks up the bundle first can use the items stored inside of it. The player who opens the bundle will either get 1 Steak, 1 Enderpearl, or 1 of each upon opening it. The chances of getting such items depends on if the supply crate holder had at least 1 of these items in their inventory before dying (ex: You’ll only get the Steak if the the previous holder does not possess any enderpearls, and vice-versa).
  • This bundle drop mechanic should only works on players that have met the killstreak criteria for supply crate drops (4+ kills).
I like pretty much all of these ideas.

For frost, I fear it would be a little strong and might need a slight armor nerf or something if it gained the frost effect.

I like the idea of the crate supplies bundle.

I co-sign everything except the crate bundle because I figure that would only serve to make the strong stronger.
This would make people want to target the "strong" players.

Gilburrito

Frost’s Freeze Attack
Might be pretty similar to Venom no? Slow and tick damage.

Thematically it's super rad tho and new players would understand what it does pretty easily since it's something they'd be familiar with.

Idk you could argue it's too similar, but there's lots of games with different tick damages. I'm of the opinion that you'd have to separate the kits more, by doing something like removing venom slow and giving it aoe venom damage.

(Everything else is cool imo)

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo