Teleporter Nerf

Setery

In my opinion Teleporter is probably the most unbalanced kit in the game. Luckily for the majority of us, essentially no one plays it.

Teleporter should not be able to teleport the most immobile kits in the game: Juggernaut and Dwarf. These kits are not meant to be mobile in the slightest and they're the most oppressive kits if they just happen to appear on a team.

The other nerf should be a small timer (1 second) that you have to be shifting on the teleporter block in order to teleport. This change is to help prevent the use of stalling and as an immediate escape method for a whole team. This will require a more skillful playstyle as it is riskier to send out a whole team through the teleporter.

Lizardheart

While I can see where you're coming from, I respectfully disagree.

Teleporter is meant to be a mobility-enabling kit. It's high risk, high reward. To even teleport those Juggs and Dwarves places, the Teleporter has to get that block placed. It's quite difficult for the tper to get anywhere itself, of course. Plain iron armor, plain iron sword, tryna traverse the map in these days of the shortbow meta? It's more unlikely than you think. Okay, so of course you've got the remote teleporter. They use a ghost to get in a good position. Then, they have to choices. Still tp outside the enemy base or tp directly into the base. It's pretty easy to break that remote tp while it's still being established, especially if the risky decision of establishing it directly in the base is made. Not only that, but often the ghost will die for that teleporter. If a team isn't defending their base and a remote tp ends up getting established, then that is a problem of their own creation.

Straight up, I see these teleporter strats fail more often than they succeed. When they do succeed, honestly a good half the time the teleporter's team was already winning anyway. It tends to require a lot of communication to get it right, and few people are good at coordination. Those who are don't need to be punished for it.

As for not letting Dwarf use the teleporter: come on, man. Dwarf is ass as it is. It doesn't need any more beatings than it already gets.

I also don't think the timer is necessary. Straight up, using the teleporter is dangerous enough. Maybe your team goes through it and then the other side gets broken. Straight up, PikachuPals won a game 1v11 the other day cuz the whole enemy team teleported away, the teleporter was broken, and he fused their bomb and no one came back in time. Trying to use the teleporter while in a fight is also already nearly impossible due to knockback. So teleporter usage is difficult and dangerous enough as it is; this nerf straight up isn't necessary.

To sum up my opinion, teleporter is already difficult and incredibly risky to use, and I straight up see teleporter strats fail more often than they succeed. It does not need a nerf at all.

Setery

While I can see where you're coming from, I respectfully disagree.

Teleporter is meant to be a mobility-enabling kit. It's high risk, high reward. To even teleport those Juggs and Dwarves places, the Teleporter has to get that block placed. It's quite difficult for the tper to get anywhere itself, of course. Plain iron armor, plain iron sword, tryna traverse the map in these days of the shortbow meta? It's more unlikely than you think. Okay, so of course you've got the remote teleporter. They use a ghost to get in a good position. Then, they have to choices. Still tp outside the enemy base or tp directly into the base. It's pretty easy to break that remote tp while it's still being established, especially if the risky decision of establishing it directly in the base is made. Not only that, but often the ghost will die for that teleporter. If a team isn't defending their base and a remote tp ends up getting established, then that is a problem of their own creation.

Straight up, I see these teleporter strats fail more often than they succeed. When they do succeed, honestly a good half the time the teleporter's team was already winning anyway. It tends to require a lot of communication to get it right, and few people are good at coordination. Those who are don't need to be punished for it.

As for not letting Dwarf use the teleporter: come on, man. Dwarf is ass as it is. It doesn't need any more beatings than it already gets.

I also don't think the timer is necessary. Straight up, using the teleporter is dangerous enough. Maybe your team goes through it and then the other side gets broken. Straight up, PikachuPals won a game 1v11 the other day cuz the whole enemy team teleported away, the teleporter was broken, and he fused their bomb and no one came back in time. Trying to use the teleporter while in a fight is also already nearly impossible due to knockback. So teleporter usage is difficult and dangerous enough as it is; this nerf straight up isn't necessary.

To sum up my opinion, teleporter is already difficult and incredibly risky to use, and I straight up see teleporter strats fail more often than they succeed. It does not need a nerf at all.
I'm gonna be honest, the teleporter strats are extremely easy, the teamwork needed is higher than any kits but it's still not hard to pull off. A simple strat is to have 1 ghost, 2 juggs, 1 tele and have the ghost get to a spot only accessible by kits with either bows or pearls. This avoids people from breaking the remote tele as it's being built. Preferably you want the teleporter close to the enemy's base. This strat is very successful and even if the remote tele is broken, as long as your teleporter went with the team, they can immediately place down a new one.

The reason that I think Jugg and Dwarf shouldn't be allowed to use it is the same reason as I stated before. These kits are low mobility, they shouldn't be allowed to cross the entire map whenever they please.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo

Today's birthdays