Rejected The Feud Sandstorm

GlitchManMax

• The Map Name: The Feud Sandstorm
  • Authors: AtuaSaysSo and GlitchManMax, with thanks to Conspiracy_Pete, Samoht111, and Woodpli
  • Map Description: Demon princes Cameron Camel and Commander Cobra brought their feud here! Now their hench-demons fight to the death!
  • Pictures: Here
  • Map Download Folder: Here
  • Bomb-to-Bomb: 30 seconds walking up and down the switchbacks on both sides.

Summary: Two powerful demons have taken over a pair of desert villages and are now having their minions, the players, fight to the death to decide the ultimate question: Which demon prince will claim "CC" as their initials???

Please ask if you have any questions about the map, and just tell me what you think! It was fun making this map and I hope I can play on a map I've made. The whole team is ready to make any changes if necessary.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, please let me know if the download link works! I'll have good feelings towards whoever can take the time to test.

twoubles

Download link works great! I don't have time to test it out rn, but sometime later I should be able to.

Smalusion

😳
Administrator
First off, sorry about the delay in an official response. Been a little busy. Thanks for reaching out through Discord though, may use that experience in the future.

Anyway. We liked the unique theming and heart put into this map. All the extra details really showed you guys had fun making it, and that rocks. However, we'll be rejecting this map for a few reasons, the first being…

The overall layout. The Feud Sandstorm is a very flat, open map, with little to spice it up other than the slight verticality of the bases and the three bridges crossing the center river. Another way of looking at it is that it's very similar to Wet Britches without the walls that both provide cover and suggest paths for teams.

As for the bases, they seem very open and hard to defend. While it's possible this could work for some maps, I don't believe it'd play well here due to the rest of the map also being so open.

Aesthetics, too, are important. Your team made a very bold choice with the neon greens and oranges. It's interesting and unique, but ultimately unfitting. The buildings feel a little basic, though that may be due to their smaller size rather than a lack of detail.

That's about it for now. Thanks for taking the time to build and submit this map! I hope to see more in store for the future. Keep at it!

Last edited:

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo

Today's birthdays