Rejected The Overpass

Skippy_35

Map name: The Overpass
Author: Skippy_35
Map Description: "What happens under, stays under..."

Pictures:

download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QLzdDRzTayIhUokOd0WCBoawk-qhwf_Z/view?usp=sharing

1. relatively standard, no easter eggs other than a sign in either teams base.
2. the bomb time is around 20-30 seconds depending on the route.
3. team spawn is in respective sides bomb room/tree.
(4. you are able to walk through the gaps in the fence)

dm me if there is any problems with the links and what not.

Smalusion

😳
Administrator
Hello to you Skippy. Though your map is a unique concept, it does not adequately impress in several areas, notably the layout and aesthetics. In terms of layout, this is a very flat, open map. Though the strip of water and highway roads both offer something interesting, they do not do enough by themselves. The areas separated by the water are still both very large, open areas, while the roads don’t offer much of an advantage for the effort and risk required to get on top of them. The base too, offers barely any cover or protection against attackers, and is a base only in terms of having the bomb.
As for the aesthetics, the trees and boulders are both simple worldedit spheres. Though I can tell there was definite effort, the map looks very plain. One idea could be to try to focus more on the overgrown/abandoned sort of look, which the map already partially has with the broken down roads and abundance of leaves. Think somewhat of [REDACTED] Laboratories!

I can see that you’ve had some progress on a newer version of the map. If you continue to work on this, I’d highly recommend finding some way to make the main and side paths from one bomb to the other more interesting and unique, as that’s one of the more important factors currently considered.

Anyway, for these reasons, we’ll be rejecting this map. Still, thank you for the map submission. We appreciate it!

Skippy_35

Hello to you Skippy. Though your map is a unique concept, it does not adequately impress in several areas, notably the layout and aesthetics. In terms of layout, this is a very flat, open map. Though the strip of water and highway roads both offer something interesting, they do not do enough by themselves. The areas separated by the water are still both very large, open areas, while the roads don’t offer much of an advantage for the effort and risk required to get on top of them. The base too, offers barely any cover or protection against attackers, and is a base only in terms of having the bomb.
As for the aesthetics, the trees and boulders are both simple worldedit spheres. Though I can tell there was definite effort, the map looks very plain. One idea could be to try to focus more on the overgrown/abandoned sort of look, which the map already partially has with the broken down roads and abundance of leaves. Think somewhat of [REDACTED] Laboratories!

I can see that you’ve had some progress on a newer version of the map. If you continue to work on this, I’d highly recommend finding some way to make the main and side paths from one bomb to the other more interesting and unique, as that’s one of the more important factors currently considered.

Anyway, for these reasons, we’ll be rejecting this map. Still, thank you for the map submission. We appreciate it!
Yeah, to be honest I was having second thoughts about the boulders and team bases after I submitted it. I'm 100% gonna try and make it better in my free time. I'm probably gonna do a reset on it except for the highways, the canal itself, and walls.

thanks for taking the time to look at it!

also if I were to edit the map, would I make a new post or edit this one?

Smalusion

😳
Administrator
Yeah, to be honest I was having second thoughts about the boulders and team bases after I submitted it. I'm 100% gonna try and make it better in my free time. I'm probably gonna do a reset on it except for the highways, the canal itself, and walls.

thanks for taking the time to look at it!

also if I were to edit the map, would I make a new post or edit this one?
Alright, good to hear! I wish you luck.

If it's an edit of the same map, I think editing this post would be the best choice.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo