Kit Chanter Rework

Cutbone

Kit Name: Chanter or Enchanter
Icon: Enchanted Book
Cost: 2500 Achievement Points (Permanent Class)
Gear:
Golden Helmet (Protection 1)
Golden Chestplate (Protection 1)
Golden Leggings (Proj. Protection 1)
Golden Boots (Proj. Protection 1)
Stone Sword (Knockback 1)
Two Protection 2 Books
Two Sharpness 1 Books
One Feather Falling 2 Book
One Projectile Protection Book

Chanter's Blessing (Carrot on a stick)
Chanter's Curse (Bone)

Description: Chanter is a supportive kit that can give offensive or defensive enchantments to 6 different players on your team. It also has the ability to give your team buffs and the enemy team debuffs that while small, can affect the outcome of the game.

Details:
In the past, chanter was a class that had 6 enchantment books, (2 for fire aspect, 2 for sharpness, and 2 for protection). I will be keeping the 6 enchantment books with the class, however, I will be focusing more on defensive enchantments than offensive enchantments. Defensive enchantments will make the class be more balanced in its effect on gameplay. Whenever applied on armor with protection, it will stack when it has to, however, it will prioritize armor pieces without enchantments first. It also will have more variety with its enchantments than before as it will have 4 different enchantments instead of 3. Chanter's Blessing and Chanter's Curse gives the class a support role beyond giving enchantments to teammates. Chanter's Blessing is targeting teammates, and Chanter's Curse is targeting enemies. They will both share a cooldown of 10 seconds.

Here's a list of buffs and debuffs by chances:

chanter1.png

chanter2.png
*Haste affects attack speed which is why it won't be available for jug or dwarf.

chanter3.png
*Wither will only do two hearts over that span of time and only has a 2% chance of happening.
**Glowing will be like the spectral arrows revealing the opponent.

Thanks to @Setery for doing the spreadsheets & helping redesign the class.

Edit: Inform the chanter what buff and debuff is next by prompting them in chat.

Example chat message: Your next blessing is Speed I for 10 seconds
Your next curse is Wither II for 4 seconds

Last edited:

Onett

Removing fire aspect was a good choice but I think by design the kit isn’t very fun to be play even with the changes you suggested

the game is gonna start with people begging for enchantments, and once you give out all your enchantments you’re job as a support is pretty much done. You would just spam your blessing and curse for the remainder of the game hoping for the right buff or debuff which is determined purely by RNG.

If you made curse and the blessing rod less RNG based I think that would help improve the gameplay of the kit.

For example, buff and debuffs could cycle, so you know which status effect you will have next (once you use one chat tells you which buff/debuff is next in queue). The low % chance debuffs would be out of cycle but have a rare chance of happening whenever you use the curse.

Setery

Removing fire aspect was a good choice but I think by design the kit isn’t very fun to be play even with the changes you suggested

the game is gonna start with people begging for enchantments, and once you give out all your enchantments you’re job as a support is pretty much done. You would just spam your blessing and curse for the remainder of the game hoping for the right buff or debuff which is determined purely by RNG.

If you made curse and the blessing rod less RNG based I think that would help improve the gameplay of the kit.

For example, buff and debuffs could cycle, so you know which status effect you will have next (once you use one chat tells you which buff/debuff is next in queue). The low % chance debuffs would be out of cycle but have a rare chance of happening whenever you use the curse.
I think it could still be RNG based, but maybe knowing what your next buff/debuff is going to be, could help make the kit more skillful and better to play as. If you know your next buff is regen, you could put it on your lowest health teammate. If you know your next debuff is levitation you could put it on a squishy target.

Cutbone

I think it could still be RNG based, but maybe knowing what your next buff/debuff is going to be, could help make the kit more skillful and better to play as. If you know your next buff is regen, you could put it on your lowest health teammate. If you know your next debuff is levitation you could put it on a squishy target.
Maybe there could be a prompt in chat letting the chanter know what their next buff and debuff will be, but still, leave the RNG nature of the buffs and debuffs.

Example chat message: Your next blessing is Speed I for 10 seconds
Your next curse is Wither II for 4 seconds

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo