Disaster Disasters Suggestion: "Impostor"

Do you want to see this in Disasters?

• Total voters

Elitemaster5

Impostor
"There is an impostor among us."
  • This disaster can only be available in games with 4+ players and with only 1 impostor. In games with 12 players, there can be 2 impostors.
  • Impostors will spawn with an iron sword (knife) and will be tasked with killing the other players.
  • There would have to be a 25 second cooldown on the "knife" to reduce the PvP factor
  • After the first 2 minutes, players can vote on who they think the impostor(s) by clicking a name on the screen.
  • If the name of the impostor receives 2/3 of the lobby's votes, they will be ejected (deaded).
  • If a player who was not the impostor receives 2/3 of the lobby's votes, those who voted for that player will be ejected (deaded).
  • Impostors can vote as well
  • Death messages: "xmaymayx was ejected... they were the impostor" and "xmaymayx was not the impostor... you have been ejected"
This idea was inspired by Among Us, as well as the similar disaster from previous servers known as Serial Killer I believe.

Please feel free to leave comments or suggestions on how to improve this disaster idea 🙂

Last edited:

toomuchzelda

what happens if the impostor doesnt kill people. i think they need an incentive to do that or else they can just chill and not kill anyone

also its impostor*

sus.png

MinerBat

i dont like pvp disasters. grians server had at least 4 of them i can think of (slaugter, assasin, serial killer and werewolf) and maybe more i forgot. 1 pvp disaster would be cool, but not more, and that would probably best just be "generic kill everyone or get killed". this isnt a among us in minecraft game and this is quite complex with things like voting which only distracts when youre being chased by killer bees while not trying to step on the block that becomes lava... so i dont think this is a good idea

Elitemaster5

• I think a possible incentive could be
what happens if the impostor doesnt kill people. i think they need an incentive to do that or else they can just chill and not kill anyone

also its impostor*

View attachment 598
Ah thanks for catching that... I should be sleeping, not typing on forums lol. I would love to hear any incentive ideas from other people, because I don't have a perfect idea at the moment.
Some possible ideas:
  • 1 credit per kill
  • or if they don't kill anyone before the 2 minute vote, they will be ejected by default
Again, these are not perfect ideas, so anyone is welcome to suggest more solutions.

Elitemaster5

i dont like pvp disasters. grians server had at least 4 of them i can think of (slaugter, assasin, serial killer and werewolf) and maybe more i forgot. 1 pvp disaster would be cool, but not more, and that would probably best just be "generic kill everyone or get killed". this isnt a among us in minecraft game and this is quite complex with things like voting which only distracts when youre being chased by killer bees while not trying to step on the block that becomes lava... so i dont think this is a good idea
Thanks for your feedback. I see what you're saying about not wanting more pvp style disasters and it being kind of complex. I also just edited the original post to include a 25 second cooldown on the knife, to reduce the pvp factor of the disaster. I do believe that this could be a higher tier disaster due to it's complexity and nature. I also know that disaster combos can be altered, by not allowing certain disasters to be in the same game etc. This could be one of those cases, where it can be restricted from pairing up with other high tier disasters.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo