Rejected Fantasy Roads Map Submission

iCarson

Last edited:

ClassyOwl

Personally I think this map is too open, and doesn't provide enough focus for gameplay. It seems like teams can easily be spread out and the objectives aren't as clear as other Search and Destroy maps.

It's fairly inoffensive aesthetically, but I can't say I endorse its gameplay.

toomuchzelda

I like this map. it looks nice and the bomb between two towers is creative and makes for good gameplay.
I hope it is added

cyber700

It's a pretty nice map, aesthetically pleasing and from playing it on BWF the gameplay was good. My only real critique of it is the holes... maybe personal opinion but I'm not a massive fan of them at all. The holes on the original Fancy Mansions were similar and had a pretty adverse effect on the gameplay imo, same with the cobweb traps on Valley of Death (but those are slightly more forgiving). I had a quick look around and I could visibly see 5 holes, but they are all in pretty key fighting areas and fairly easy to fall into. Personally I think it'd be nice to either reduce the number of holes to one or two or just remove them entirely.

The trees and the towers are pretty cool though and the variety of levels is a nice touch

Dave_X

Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks for the submission, Carson!

First off, well done on changing the towers to be original. That being said, they still require improvements. The interiors, which includes the bomb room and stairs leading up, are rather cramped, which would make any larger team fights a pain.

The map is very wide and open, which becomes a problem due to the map’s relative size. Teams will tend to scatter aimlessly because of this. Having choke points or paths in the ground could help with this issue.

The map is also very flat, other than structures, mounds of terrain, and the mountain barrier, the latter two of which have obvious world edit spheres in places. This leads to the map feeling like multiple pieces attached onto a flat surface, rather than a single creation. What you could do to help address this is to smooth the ground between terrain and the flat ground. If you need examples, take a look at the terrain of Apex Expanse or China’s Heavens.

We’ll be rejecting this map for now, but it has potential! If or when you update the map to address this feedback, leave a reply letting us know.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo