Rejected Kahakai Bay

Mythless

Map Name: Kahakai Bay
Map Author: Mythless
Description: The local villa has had enough of the tourists hogging all of the beach! Summer has turned up the heat a tad too much..."

2021-04-28_13.49.08.jpg

A L O H A ! :D

Welcome to Kahakai Bay — a beach brimming as both a famous tourist site and a lovely local villa!

This SnD map is asymmetrical and villa/beach themed. The geography and aesthetics is loosely based off of a few actual beach sites located in Hawaii. Below is a link to an image album containing some general screenshots about the map. I recommend reading their descriptions to read up on the general process & gameplay of the map:

Although I do recommend you download it to check it out yourself. (The screenshots really do not do this justice.) As always, feedback is much appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/csthwmv8m505r80/Kahakai Bay v1.0.zip?dl=0

Don't really have much else to say... so here's a parting gift: a lovely picture of the beachside during sunset :)

2021-04-28_14.01.29.jpg

pigpig24

Myth your builds are gorgeous and I love you
(That's all, I'll leave the actual map critiques to the experts)

Dave_X

Staff Member
Administrator
Hey Myth, thanks for the submission. While the map looks fantastic, there are some gameplay issues we’re concerned about and so won’t be accepting at this time. The map is very flat and open, made more prevalent by how long it is. The wall in the middle makes it very easy for players to pass by each other and not fight until they’ve reached the bases. Additionally, the sides are colored despite being very asymmetrical.

I’d recommend taking another look at the pathing and considering using random team spawns. Hope this helps!

-Dave

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo