Kit Kit: Assassin

Mythless

Kit Name: Assassin
Kit Icon: Diamond Sword
Armory: Leather Cap (Dyed Gray, Protection 1 Enchant), Leather Tunic (Dyed Gray, Protection 1 Enchant), Chainmail Leggings, Chainmail Boots
Gear: Diamond Sword, Fuse
Permanent Effects: Speed 1

Kit Description: Similar to that of Ninja, the Assassin dawns inferior armor and is able to outrun most other warriors. However, unlike Ninja, it has a more powerful sword, even less armory, and has no Enderpearls or Feather Falling! Instead, it has the ability to become one with the shadows when crouching after a bit, giving them complete invisibility and even more speed while in this state. They revert back to normal when they receive any damage, hit an enemy, or when they stop crouching.

Rundown of the Kit (Mechanics & Objectives):

MECHANIC: Shadow Sneak

This ability is unique to Assassin. When holding Crouch for 4 seconds (indicated by the EXP bar--full when 4 seconds pass), the player is given a Speed 26 boost and complete invisibility; the EXP bar/time depletes gradually when un-crouching (only if the ability is not yet activated). When the ability activates, black smoke particles will briefly emit from the place where you activated it, and you will receive a message saying: "You have become one with the shadows..."

("Speed 26?? wtf that's so much!") keep in mind that in order to retain this boost, the player MUST keep holding crouch. The high Speed level is to offset the slowed movement you receive from crouching. It is intended to make the player faster than normal running in this state, but not too fast to where they can just zoom in an instant. They are heavily slowed when jump-crouching in this state too, so I think a level 26 boost should be balanced enough in practice.

The complete invisibility is NOT similar to that of a Ghost's or Wraith's invisibility. The difference is that all armor and items held will also be invisible to enemies, and any sprint particles will also be completely invisible. (They're crouching anyway, so not like this matters). Arrows shot onto the player will also not be visible.

When the player stops crouching, takes any damage, or deals any damage to an enemy, their invisibility and Speed 26 boost will be completely removed, and time EXP bar/timer will be completely reset. (They still keep the permanent Speed 1 effect though). You can, however, charge up the meter/time to turn invisible while you are doing the aforementioned 3 actions. It is also possible to arm/defuse bombs while the player is invisible.

OBJECTIVE:

This kit is like a foursome lovechild of a Dwarf, Edgy, Ghost, and Ninja. Most of its value comes from using Crouch as much as possible (similar to Dwarf), is able to run across the map with relative ease (just like Edgy), has a stealth ability via invisibility (like a Ghost), and has an armor/weapon/effect aesthetic similar to that of a Ninja.

The value of using Ninja is its ease in vertical traveling. Enderpearls and Feather Falling encourages them to maneuver through areas where normal kits aren't able to reach, and finding the safest yet sneakiest routes to the bomb. Enderpearls can also be used to escape from precarious situations when need be. On the other hand, Assassin focuses on horizontal traveling through means of Invisibility and Speed. When played right, they can be deadly ambushers and flankers. They do, however, need to pick their fights very carefully, as they do not have any Enderpearls to escape from dangerous circumstances, and can die pretty quickly thanks to its low armor. In these kinds of circumstances though, it can easily outrun chasers thanks to its inherent Speed 1 effect. In short: They are best suited for sweeping up low-health enemies, scouting/recon, or to cause disturbances/distractions in the enemy's bases.

Last edited:

Onett

This is a pretty fun idea . But right now it could use some buffs since to me it seems like a worse ninja.

One thing that I feel like should be changed is its ability to go invisible if it is taking damage. 5 Seconds is a pretty long time for the ability to activate and this kit has very low armor. It should be able to charge its ability even if you are attacking or being attacked.

I'd also suggest an armor buff, prot 1 on each piece of leather armor.

Mythless

This is a pretty fun idea . But right now it could use some buffs since to me it seems like a worse ninja.

One thing that I feel like should be changed is its ability to go invisible if it is taking damage. 5 Seconds is a pretty long time for the ability to activate and this kit has very low armor. It should be able to charge its ability even if you are attacking or being attacked.

I'd also suggest an armor buff, prot 1 on each piece of leather armor.
gotcha, just updated the post to reflect what you said, + some other buffs I felt was necessary :P

Last edited:

Fireblazer

Totally superficial, but dyed leather boots with prot 1 might look better, and permanent night vision would also make sense. You could also try to add a backstab mechanic where a secondary sword could be wooden and do slightly more damage only on the first attack off the unshadow-itize (if it is to the back that is).

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo