Kit Kit Bannerlord

Tarnum

Kit Name: Bannerlord
Kit icon: Banner
Armor: Diamond helmet, gold chest plate, gold leggings, gold boots
Inventory: Wooden sword (knockback I enchant), 3 banners of different designs with the base color being the color of the team you are on.

Lore: You never liked being the one to carry the flag into battle. I mean, you miss out on all of the killing and the glory of destroying your enemies and you just feel useless. But for some reason, when the battle gets tough, everyone comes to rally around your banner. They charge back into the fight feeling renewed and reinvigorated. Maybe there's a use for you after all!

Premise: An AoE (area of effect) support kit that has the ability to buff nearby friendly teammates while they are close to you. However, the banners are heavy and you must wait between lifting them up to help your team.

Abilities: Each banner has 3 different abilities, each with their own cool-downs. All of these abilities are in effect for friendly players while they are within a 5 block radius of the Bannerlord.

- Banner 1: Speed 1 for 10 seconds, 20 second cool-down.
- Banner 2: Regeneration 1 for 10 seconds, 30 second cool-down.
- Banner 3: Absorption (2 hearts at the most) for 15 seconds, 40-50 second cool-down.

- When holding a banner you get slowness 1 because the banners are heavy and hard to hold for such a long time. However, a beacon of light that your team can see shines into the sky, letting them know where they can rally to.

- When your abilities recharge a chat notification will appear for the Bannerlord to see.

- There could be a separate 10 second cool-down between raising your banners, to prevent people from popping all 3 abilities in quick succession. (Might be a little broken).

I thought of this idea as a replacement to chanter since that kit becomes almost useless after you give out your enchants and makes some kits very broken (Trooper/Venom/Berserker with Fire Aspect) and the bless/curse thing only applies to one player at a time.

Please let me know what you all think. I welcome any suggestions! Thanks

Lizardheart

I know nothing about kit making and balancing, so I've got no suggestions. I just want to say that I would be very happy to see another support kit in the game and this concept sounds pretty cool.

Lord_Nutritious

I like it it! Reminds me of rally's in Fire Emblem that buff your stats, I also like that this class does not over buff everyone it gives effects that definitely can help in a fight but not guarantee victory I'd love to this class in action. (The only change I would make is simply appearance wise. Have the Banner that's being used show up on the upper back or on top of the class so enemies know what type of rally is being given.

toomuchzelda

would the effects of multiple bannerlords stack? imagine 3 bannerlords for regeneration 3 to their teammates

Tarnum

would the effects of multiple bannerlords stack? imagine 3 bannerlords for regeneration 3 to their teammates
The effects would not stack, and the times would only add to a certain cap which would be like 10 seconds.

So if someone is in the radius of two bannerlords, they would only get speed I, regen I, or the standard X absorption hearts, the effects would still last at most 10 seconds or whatever the number would be.

I can see how it would get very overpowered if effects stacked and if the times just added on top of one another.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo