Icon: Dead Bush

Armor:

Chain helmet (Projectile protection 2)
Iron Chestplate (Thorns enchantment)
Chain Legs (Projectile protection 2)
Chain boots (Projectile protection 2)

Items:
Fuse, Stone Sword (Sharp 1)

Description: A spiky brawler who excels at dealing with archers with his high projectile protection. The more arrows he has in him, the more damage he reflects right back at ya!

Details: A revamp of a SnD kit of the same name. As stated in the description, this kit is great at dealing with archers thanks to his high projectile protection (48% reduction). On top of this, this kit will reflect damage back based on how many arrows are in him. From the start, the porcupine will reflect base 10% damage to any source of damage, and each arrow in him will increase that damage reflected by 10% (This is not vanilla thorns. It has a 100% chance to proc and only the percent damage reflected back will increase).

The arrows would stay stuck in you for 30-45 seconds, and the damage reflected back would cap at 100%. The number of arrows stuck inside of you will be displayed in the exp bar, each level representing 1 arrow in you. (So if you have 5 arrows in you, you would have 5 levels)

This is how the new thorns damage would be calculated:

Raw damage input x Porc damage reflect x Attacker's armor reduction

Example: A shortbow shoots a fully charged shot ( 8 hearts of damage ) at you. You are porcupine and have 5 arrows stuck in you, here's how much damage you'd deal to them

8 hearts x .60 (Porcupine % Reflect) x .54 (Shortbow armor reduction) =

2.592 hearts of damage dealt back to the shortbow

Last edited:

toomuchzelda

having a direct archer counter that isnt another archer, or enderpearls is an interesting idea. i would have to see it in gameplay before i could judge on balancing though

cyber700

A definitely needed revamp, was a fun kit to play on rwf 1 and deserves a return

Just curious about the arrow duration though
The arrows would stay stuck in you for 30-45 seconds
How long is this compared to the vanilla duration of arrows sticking in the body? If it's the same then that sounds pretty fair (though I can't remember typically how long they stay in for). Also, would it be a set time that the arrows stay stuck on the player (i.e they always disappear after 30 exact seconds) or is there a window of 'opportunity' where the arrows have will despawn somewhere within that timeframe - but not an exact set time?

Would be a fun kit to play either way though :)

Onett

How long is this compared to the vanilla duration of arrows sticking in the body?
Uh not sure I’m pretty sure Vanilla is like 30 seconds

I was also thinking that the arrows would despawn at a set time (I was leaning more towards 30 seconds instead of 45 seconds) to make it more reliable and less luck based

birdy117

This new idea for Porcupine is really unique. There really isn’t much counter play to projectiles in this game. I am going with this version of Porc as it actually has an ability

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo