Kit Price Suggestions (BASED ON NUMBERS POG)

Triggs

It's a spreadsheet! We all love spreadsheets! WOOOO!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VxC00iLpPifvFwd8TuPrWPrGU2kx4XqS-mlwV2k2aqw/edit?usp=sharing

A couple notes about the spreadsheet:

TERMS:
  • KIT_PRICE - price of kit
  • KIT_NAME - name of kit
  • Accessibility - Amount of players in the player base that should own the kit (1=low, 10=high)
  • New Player Friendliness - Ease of new players to use the kit and be a useful member of society.
(Accessibility and New Player Friendliness values are subject to change, these are just numbers that I felt worked with each kit)

Equation used to rank kits:

VALUE = 2(ACCESSIBILTY) + (NEW PLAYER FRIENDLINESS)

This was done because while new players are important, accessibility is importanter. (ex. jugg is easy, but we don't want a lot)

New Prices can be found in the white column in the middle. Comparison to current prices can be found on the right side of the spreadsheet.

I mostly did this because kit prices seemed really arbitrary and random. This gives reasoning as to why kits are priced. It also solves a couple issues with the game IMO.

A couple highlights:
  • Ghost is more expensive, this prevents new players from being absolutely worthless on the kit.
  • Teleporter is no longer free. (see reasoning for ghost)
  • Burst is more expensive... oof.
  • Venom, Beserker, Vampire, and Porcupine are all cheaper. I like this because I think they're underrated kits that should be more accessible and see more playtime.
  • Trigger is more expensive because it's hard.

Math. Woo.

Plague

This is a great idea, I agree that kit prices are sort of arbitrary and that assigning them values in proportion to how accessible they are is the best pricing strategy. Though I do have some complaints with this particular pricing: wraith is too expensive for a kit so weak, disincentivizing playing it even further (rather, it should be 200 credits but with a warning in the desceiption that it’s a very weak kit and new players should rather play ghost) ; vampire should be a bit more expensive

In fact, we should go one step further and arrange the unbought kits in the gui according to price ranges rather than alphabetically. Thus giving new players a sense of what they should buy/save up for. So for example, the first row of unbought kits should display 100-200 cred kits,the next 201-300 and so on for a total of 4 rows.

Also @Martoph please make it so that you can buy kits after you die.

Onett

This is a great idea, I agree that kit prices are sort of arbitrary and that assigning them values in proportion to how accessible they are is the best pricing strategy. Though I do have some complaints with this particular pricing: wraith is too expensive for a kit so weak, disincentivizing playing it even further (rather, it should be 200 credits but with a warning in the desceiption that it’s a very weak kit and new players should rather play ghost) ; vampire should be a bit more expensive
I feel like what you said about wraith is more of an issue with kit balancing. 400 is a large jump in price, but if wraith’s core mechanics are improved upon to make it a decent kit I really don’t want to see it that much compared to other kits.

But it should be considered that kit trials exist and are easy to get. I think the fact that you can get kit trials from voting should be advertised more, to make sure that new players know it’s an option rather than “forcing” them to grind for an expensive kit they might not even like.

I agree with your thoughts on vampire tho. Rn it’s way too expensive but 100 seems like too little.

Triggs

I feel like what you said about wraith is more of an issue with kit balancing. 400 is a large jump in price, but if wraith’s core mechanics are improved upon to make it a decent kit I really don’t want to see it that much compared to other kits.

But it should be considered that kit trials exist and are easy to get. I think the fact that you can get kit trials from voting should be advertised more, to make sure that new players know it’s an option rather than “forcing” them to grind for an expensive kit they might not even like.
Wraith accessibility changed from 3 to 7. This changes kit price value from 8 to 16. KIT_PRICE is now 150 for Wraith.

As a reminder, this isn't designed to choose what kits are more or less expensive. this is based off of what data we assign each kit (which I think it's pretty fair, some stuff may be whacky b/c of bad decision making) and see what happens with the kit price distribution.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo