Rejected Monolith (4 teams)

tababysuper

Map Name: Monolith
Description: Four teams fight for control of a stronghold in the sky
Mapmaker: tababysuper with help from Padraic and Yetizuli

Link to Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P--jmuqMuxIWyhE-2fZ5tzyCGl_HRGeS/view?usp=sharing

I would be extremely grateful if the map at least gets into testing, I am fairly inexperienced in mapmaking so while I believe it looks good I do not know how the gameplay will be. With some testing done on it I would be happy to rework any part of it that needs to be fixed or changed which benefits a specific kit or play style too much.

Top View.pngSide View.pngFull Base.pngInside Base.pngOutside Base.pngMiddle Base.pngMid.pngNuke.pngDetailing.pngWide Shot.png

Dave_X

Staff Member
Administrator
Hey tababysuper! We think this map could use a few edits before moving into a testing phase. In particular, the map feels very cramped and the straight lines make it easy for archers to shoot. Attempts to dodge are dangerous due to the low walls next to the void. Aesthetically the map is also muted and gray, try out adding some brighter colors! I threw together a few test edits myself, I hope this helps!

tababysuper

Name: Monolith
Description: Four teams fight for control of a stronghold in the sky.
Authors: tababysuper, with help from Padraic and Yetizuli

Gameplay Base Revisions:
-All pathways which were originally 3 blocks wide were broadened to 5 blocks wide. This should prevent teams from camping a single pathway, particularly with the use of bow kits by allowing the attackers some more maneuverability.
-Along the middle pathways, and in the middle compartment of each teams side glass panes have been place in some areas to so it is harder to knock people into the void. This should make it so the middle paths are more easily defensible and they will be the most traveled. On side paths players have a greater risk of being knocked off, but they will be less guarded, so it is a higher risk higher reward way to the base.
-A third central staircase has been added to allow archers easier access to the main battlement that each team has. It is better shielded so opposing snipers can't immediately knock players off.
-The central part of the map has been widened by about two or three blocks to encourage large central fights between multiple teams.
-Additional jumps have been added to the small amount of parkour that exists as a way to enter another teams base. This should help people who suck and should also make it slightly harder for ghosts and archers to void guard the sides of the base
-Gates on side paths provide a slight choke for teams trying to attack to give defenses a minimal advantage and also provide slight cover.
-Glowstone added so map is more easily playable during night games
-While the bombs do precariously hang over the edge of the void, they are easily accessible from ground level with nearly no threat of being hit off the map.

Aesthetic Revisions:
-More color has been added to all sides, with glowstone in the middle both to light things up, and also so the palette isn't quite so monochromatic.
- Buttons. Lots of them. Make things look better
-Arches have been redesigned and look much better.
-The top of each base has been flattened so it does not look quite so triangular and flags have been added to more easily discern which base is which (like it needed it) and it looks much better.
- A brazier has been added on top of the middle building.

Link to map download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y10TJQ0s7U3tY0_Xk3gL6Ujs4P9_MrXF/view?usp=sharing
Full Base.pngFull Map.pngBase.pngBomb.pngSide Path.pngMid Base.pngParkour.pngOutside Mid.pngMid.png

Triggs

This is a super nitpicky thing, having only looked for about a minute, but maybe using redstone lanterns rather than glowstone for lighting?

tababysuper

Update: Padraic’s name has been changed to Laddoss, so should the map eventually be accepted, please make sure he gets credit

Setery

If I were to jump once on this map I would instantly die to a ghost

tababysuper

If I were to jump once on this map I would instantly die to a ghost
I encourage you to download the map and run around a bit. I think you would be surprised at how much protection there actually is from being hit into the void in certain spots. Part of the idea of the map is to balance more protected pathways, which will also be more densely traveled With side pathways which allow you to get places quicker, or provide access to a less protected entrance with a greater chance of being killed. Keep in mind at the paths widest, they are only 5 blocks so even when a ghost does decide to try and punch someone off, there is very little room to hide and it is likely they will be attacked if anyone else is near.

Setery

I encourage you to download the map and run around a bit. I think you would be surprised at how much protection there actually is from being hit into the void in certain spots. Part of the idea of the map is to balance more protected pathways, which will also be more densely traveled With side pathways which allow you to get places quicker, or provide access to a less protected entrance with a greater chance of being killed. Keep in mind at the paths widest, they are only 5 blocks so even when a ghost does decide to try and punch someone off, there is very little room to hide and it is likely they will be attacked if anyone else is near.
I will download it, since I wanna be fair and all

Starken

Staff Member
Administrator
This map is going to be rejected as unfortunately it does not fit the aesthetic nor gameplay goals of Athios SnD maps. Some detrimental aspects of this map include:

• The bomb placement, being surrounded by wall blocks and having a platform that is completely void makes it quite difficult to fuse, as anybody could hit you while you are fusing, causing you to fall to your death.
  • The palette of the map is very bright and could use more contrast.
  • All the stairs in this map are facing in one direction (north), which makes many of the details of the map look awkward.
While we will be rejecting this map, we hope this feedback helps you if you make any SnD maps in the future. Happy mapmaking!

tababysuper

Thank you for the response, another map is already in the works. I believe the stair thing must be a glitch that occurred while exporting or importing the world, but clearly there are other issues with gameplay anyway.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo