Rejected Onett

Mr_Ze1da

Map Name: Onett
Author: Mr_Ze1da, Gilburritoz
Description: Welcome to Onett Town, seems like our heroes Ness and his friends failed to defeat Giygas so... Good Luck!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ayd34tc7f720jebZ5Ajkpq29R3qF5Plx/view?usp=sharing
Onett Map File.zip
Power up spots
[-34,27,-42]
[-43,46,-39]
[-15,33,-31]
[24,31,-2]
[31,31,-32]
[9,27,-42]
[30,49,-5]
[-11,58,-21]
[-14,27,-79]
[7,27,6]
[42,27,-7]
[14,35,-79]
[-42,42,0]
[-23,33,-8]
[-5,44,-84]
[-38,34,-78]
[-42,27.-63]
Flood Starts at: 24
Flood Ends at : 45

Last edited:

Myopia

I'm totally biased, but it looks like a super fun map to play!! Has a decent amount of parkour-- which seems like it would make disasters gameplay a lot more interesting. The colors are very pretty and it's full of references from EarthBound :>

Elitemaster5

Nice map! I am digging the vibes, super creative. I hope we get to play on it :)

NightWolfy

Hey there Mr_Ze1da & Gilburritoz!

What a creative and novel map! Personally, while I did not play the game that this is from (though I do recognize a specific portion of this map from Super Smash bros), I always do appreciate a map that is based on something else! Kudos to you guys for taking a concept such as this and going through with it.

Unfortunately, however, we as a staff have decided that this map is not in a state that is ready for testing, though I would say it is definitely possible in the future with some work. The first complaint pertains to aesthetics. Regarding organics, the trees and the natural terraforming could use some work. Rather than using default minecraft trees, try your hand at some custom minecraft trees, and also try to incorporate more natural-appearing caves and height variation (most notably in the corner of the map that has the tunnels). Some of the buildings could use some more detailing in their exteriors and interiors as well.

Lastly, there would be gameplay issues with the clouds. While we see the intention behind incorporating them, we don’t think that the clouds are the best way to go when having an area that is able to survive disasters such as flood. Some solutions would be either: to make the flood height lower, or to make some areas of the town taller so that additional areas are viable. Honestly, we’d recommend a mixture of both of these solutions. The clouds unfortunately appear a bit odd, and are extremely susceptible to destruction from other disasters. If that were to happen while a flood was also occurring, players would simply have no chance of survival.

Overall though, thanks to you two for the admirable effort put in towards making a map based on such a unique concept! This map certainly had quite a bit of community support, so both the staff team and the community hope that you guys are able to take our feedback and continue working on this map! Best of luck to you guys!

Gilburrito

Hey there Mr_Ze1da & Gilburritoz!

What a creative and novel map! Personally, while I did not play the game that this is from (though I do recognize a specific portion of this map from Super Smash bros), I always do appreciate a map that is based on something else! Kudos to you guys for taking a concept such as this and going through with it.

Unfortunately, however, we as a staff have decided that this map is not in a state that is ready for testing, though I would say it is definitely possible in the future with some work. The first complaint pertains to aesthetics. Regarding organics, the trees and the natural terraforming could use some work. Rather than using default minecraft trees, try your hand at some custom minecraft trees, and also try to incorporate more natural-appearing caves and height variation (most notably in the corner of the map that has the tunnels). Some of the buildings could use some more detailing in their exteriors and interiors as well.

Lastly, there would be gameplay issues with the clouds. While we see the intention behind incorporating them, we don’t think that the clouds are the best way to go when having an area that is able to survive disasters such as flood. Some solutions would be either: to make the flood height lower, or to make some areas of the town taller so that additional areas are viable. Honestly, we’d recommend a mixture of both of these solutions. The clouds unfortunately appear a bit odd, and are extremely susceptible to destruction from other disasters. If that were to happen while a flood was also occurring, players would simply have no chance of survival.

Overall though, thanks to you two for the admirable effort put in towards making a map based on such a unique concept! This map certainly had quite a bit of community support, so both the staff team and the community hope that you guys are able to take our feedback and continue working on this map! Best of luck to you guys!
Thank you and whoever else spent time reviewing this map. After the deletion of the clouds, some heavy revision of the interiors (A lot of the originals were done by Mr_Ze1da's young cousin and we thought they were cute 😔 ), revision of exteriors, planning out of the new caves and experimentation with the foliage, I've come to a realization. Both of us find the old school videogamey cliffsides to be a key feature of the map and don't plan on changing it drastically enough to fit current building tastes, so we're moving onto a new project.

Once again, thank you all

Elitemaster5

Thank you and whoever else spent time reviewing this map. After the deletion of the clouds, some heavy revision of the interiors (A lot of the originals were done by Mr_Ze1da's young cousin and we thought they were cute 😔 ), revision of exteriors, planning out of the new caves and experimentation with the foliage, I've come to a realization. Both of us find the old school videogamey cliffsides to be a key feature of the map and don't plan on changing it drastically enough to fit current building tastes, so we're moving onto a new project.

Once again, thank you all
I support the videogamey style cliffsides, it's unique. Good luck with whatever y'all build next.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo