• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It needs a lil somethin somethin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Espios

Name of Map: Wetn't
Authors: Espios, OnlyBarricader
Lore: The people of the desert have run out of water. They resort to drinking each other's blood.

Pictures:
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dtzgthbgxlrh7wl/Sandstorm.zip/file

All the bomb times are the same (about 15 seconds using the fastest route - vines, and about 25 seconds using the main route - through the base). Other details are explained in the album.

Theres also all kinds of structures and lights on the outskirts of the map, but those will be inaccessible due to the in-game border

• Changed Green team to Purple team
  • Added visual indications for the path around the trenches
  • Other aesthetic changes
  • Added Flippy G and Trader Joe
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kokjbre077ysv6w/Sandstorm_%281%29.zip/file

• Added miscellaneous aesthetic changes
  • Removed Trader Joe
(fancy pics with texture pack)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l5y7bxlvi68ssfa/Sandstorm_%282%29.zip/file

• More aesthetic changes
  • Added a Nuke at mid. Base-nuke time is the same for all 3 bases
  • Trader Joe reprises his roll as "Trader Llama"
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3y3csupwf80y6oz/Sandstorm_%283%29.zip/file

4 months later... we have an update!
  • Added cacti and some better ground cover around the border of the map to make it seem less dull
  • Changed the bases slightly to have one more entrance. Also removed the vines leading straight to the bomb, since players can easily skip the entire base and reach the bomb
  • Edited mid to be more balanced between all 3 teams. Each team has a 2x1 archway to walk through to get to the middle area. They also have a second archway leading to blue team's base (from purple and green's perspective, vice versa)

Last edited:

Gilburrito

3 teams and it's not a cave/medieval themed map? pog

I think the top platform over the bombs are a little op if you get an explosive up there protected by demo mines, I'd recommend something like carpets at the stair chokepoints like this:
1611166350163.png
The top one might be overkill since you can get around a mine up there with less finesse than the the first one, but both would be pretty difficult with someone swinging at you in this theoretical cheesing strat

Overall I think it'll be a pretty fast paced map which is always fun

Elitemaster5

I think the top platform over the bombs are a little op if you get an explosive up there protected by demo mines, I'd recommend something like carpets at the stair chokepoints like this:
The top one might be overkill since you can get around a mine up there with less finesse than the the first one, but both would be pretty difficult with someone swinging at you in this theoretical cheesing strat

Where will pigpig place her mines? D:
Also thank you for your interest in the map, we will look over the choke points.

Espios

i definitely see what you mean. I wanted to make a fun map whether you’re playing defense or offense. That’s why I made several very short routes to the bomb, but I also made them readily defendable. Not counting the back entrance and going up the stairs (main route, the one you mentioned on the first floor) there’s 3 other routes that can be taken, not counting the flaming stairway in the back of the map or the vines right in front of the bomb.

As of now I don’t think the carpets are necessary as it would take away some options for the defending team, but going forward if it becomes an issue it’ll be an easy fix. Thanks for your interest!

Gilburrito

i definitely see what you mean. I wanted to make a fun map whether you’re playing defense or offense. That’s why I made several very short routes to the bomb, but I also made them readily defendable. Not counting the back entrance and going up the stairs (main route, the one you mentioned on the first floor) there’s 3 other routes that can be taken, not counting the flaming stairway in the back of the map or the vines right in front of the bomb.

As of now I don’t think the carpets are necessary as it would take away some options for the defending team, but going forward if it becomes an issue it’ll be an easy fix. Thanks for your interest!
That's understandable, I'd really like to play this map regardless. Hope it gets in!

Woaxa

Staff Member
Administrator
Alright boys, you were brave to set out on this 3 team journey but there are a few things I’d like to mention before considering it for testing. It feels like there’s a lot of dead space, although it is a desert there might be some things you can do to make it feel less “empty”. The bases are really cramped and difficult to get into with the tiny entrances. A small thing I noticed while flying around is that the way mid is set up it seems like Purple and Green are going to almost always fight before Blue based on how people would path through mid. I wish you two goodluck in any updates you make to the map and I’m eager to see what comes of it.

Espios

Alright boys, you were brave to set out on this 3 team journey but there are a few things I’d like to mention before considering it for testing. It feels like there’s a lot of dead space, although it is a desert there might be some things you can do to make it feel less “empty”. The bases are really cramped and difficult to get into with the tiny entrances. A small thing I noticed while flying around is that the way mid is set up it seems like Purple and Green are going to almost always fight before Blue based on how people would path through mid. I wish you two goodluck in any updates you make to the map and I’m eager to see what comes of it.
4 months later... we have an update!
  • Added cacti and some better ground cover around the border of the map to make it seem less dull
  • Changed the bases slightly to have one more entrance. Also removed the vines leading straight to the bomb, since players can easily skip the entire base and reach the bomb
  • Edited mid to be more balanced between all 3 teams. Each team has a 2x1 archway to walk through to get to the middle area. They also have a second archway leading to blue team's base (from purple and green's perspective, vice versa)
pls add

Woaxa

Staff Member
Administrator
Hello again boys, map’s looking a lot better and the three teams look like they’ll interact a bit more evenly. The idea of a 3 team map is wild, BUT we’ll probably explore the idea eventually and I believe this is one of the best candidates to do so. CONGRATS, your memey map has made it into the testing phase.
Before it gets there, I’ll request you guys give those trees some fresh cuts(those leaves look a lil wack ty). Also note: with this being an entirely new format it’s locked behind a lower player limit than 4 team maps but still limited requiring 18 players.

Espios

Hello again boys, map’s looking a lot better and the three teams look like they’ll interact a bit more evenly. The idea of a 3 team map is wild, BUT we’ll probably explore the idea eventually and I believe this is one of the best candidates to do so. CONGRATS, your memey map has made it into the testing phase.
Before it gets there, I’ll request you guys give those trees some fresh cuts(those leaves look a lil wack ty). Also note: with this being an entirely new format it’s locked behind a lower player limit than 4 team maps but still limited requiring 18 players.
  • trees have been given fresh new cut

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo