Wraith: Compass-like information on health

Plague

Wraith is essentaially a bow kit with invisibility. Like all bow kits, wraith is most effective at a distance from its enemies but even more so for a kit which has no armour. The kit was given health vision as compensation of its great degree of vulnerability. However, health vision, due to minecraft’s limitations, only works when you are close by and this is problematic since (i) bows are meant to be used from a certain distance, so a wraith mostly doesn’t rely on health vision (ii) wraith does not have the pearls to escape if it gets caught in cross fire, so even if it does want to use health vision to its fullest advantage, it is taking some serious risk by getting close to enemies; furthermore, once it see some a low health, it has to back away for a few seconds to maintain distance and shoot from there, giving ample time to the low HP player to retreat.

I propose two solutions:
Provide wraith with Ender pearls to escape from cross-fire similar to how ghost does it.
OR, my favorite,
An item that works similarly to a tracker that is given at killstreak of 2. But instead of showing distance, it gives health of all players in it’s field of vision (or line of sight) in the chat. The health vision could also stay intact. It would be something like “Enemy HP: Awnoodles (73%), Shadowstarcat (100%), Smalusion (20%!), Peppyk (50%), Lizardheart (95%), Triggs (70%), Imllay2 (5%!)”

Perhaps it would show the HP of the 10 closest enemies to prevent clutter in larger games.

Last edited:

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo