Assign Disasters into "Groups"

stienman

There is obviously a lot of combos that are nearly impossible to win. There are also some disasters that you can literally afk through. Assigning disasters into groups and only letting 1 of a group in at a time, we'd get diverse disasters and less impossible combos.

Examples:

Movement disasters: Disasters that force you to keep moving, or make it unable to be in a spot. If two movement disasters conflict with each other, then it can be impossible to win (bees and instable, barrier and any "spreading" disaster, blizzard and cubes of death), or they can cancel each other out, like "spreading" and chasm/sinkhole.

Destruction Disasters: Disasters that break blocks quickly, and more than one of these will completely annihilate the map. Acid rain and Meteors are a prime example, they count on having something above you which they break to get to you, but having them both just destroys buildings too quick. Nukes, chasms, sinkholes, death cubes, etc are part of this group.

Support Disasters: These don't prove a challenge by themselves, but mainly remove options or make it harder to survive a different disaster. Making only one of these will make sure there aren't any "afk" games. Examples: glue shoe, glass skin, gravity, wind, his gaze, and bombs.

Sky disasters: we don't want anvil rain, acid rain, and heatwave in the same match. That's just boring.

This is just an example list, but it will hopefully make the game more balanced and less RNG if its super easy or super hard.

Dave_X

Staff Member
Administrator
We're working on something similar to this! Nothing to share yet, but expect a reorganization of this kind soon.

MinerBat

but having impossible combos from time to time is fun! please dont remove that! getting rid of boring combos is good though

Dave_X

Staff Member
Administrator
but having impossible combos from time to time is fun! please dont remove that! getting rid of boring combos is good though
I agree, having the difficulty suddenly turn to 11 and seeing how good you can do is really fun! We're keeping this in mind too 😄

stienman

We're working on something similar to this! Nothing to share yet, but expect a reorganization of this kind soon.
What I don't want is three groups, and just picking 1 from every group. I never wanted to there be no impossible disasters, just not two that completely block each other. I just wanted there to be a more sustainable mix, so that skill is more useful instead of everyone winning/losing. Barrier/meteor is basically impossible, even more so with a third disaster, but it doesn't 100% block each other. I've even won an instability/death cube, though it was extremely stressful. I don't want the new system to put every single disaster into a group and choosing one from each, because that would be a lot more restricting.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo